Charity Bed Programme
Thanks to the generosity of some benevolent individuals & organizations in Hong Kong to support our Charity Bed Programme to financially disadvantaged patients who can be benefitted from staying at our JCCRC, may it be for post-operative convalescence/rehabilitation, or short term respite care, or holistic palliative during their last stages on earth.
Who Can Apply?
Patients whose annual disposable financial resources (ADFR) is at $200,000 or below can apply for our Charity Bed Programme. A $100 per day nominal charge is applicable, waived for patients on Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme.
Cancer patients whose ADFR is more than $200,000 but below $1,500,000 can apply for our Charity Bed Copayment Scheme with a 50% to 75% subsidy on accommodation fee. All other charges, e.g. nursing dependency level charge and itemized charges, would be paid by the patient at original price.
Patients in need of the following services can apply:
- Rehabilitation care for cancer patients after surgery or during cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Respite care for cancer patients whose usual carers are temporarily unable to take care of them.
- Palliative and end-of-life care for cancer patients or patients with other terminal illnesses.
Duration of stay will be granted by our vetting panel according to individual patient’s situation.
How to Apply?
- We accept financial assessment of the applicant completed by medical social workers of HA hospitals.
- Patients who do not get access to medical social workers can be referred to us by any medical practitioners in Hong Kong and have the financial assessment conducted by our in-house registered social worker.
- All applications would be vetted by our Betterment Fund Committee vetting panel. Patients and/or designated family member would be notified within 7 days.
For further enquiries, please contact our Patient Relations Officer at 3921 3888 during office hours from Monday to Friday, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.